Everyone you meet
Is a chance to learn something new
not only about the world,
but about yourself.
I had a tour interview at Life Technologies (now a part of Thermo Fisher) on Friday.
And it was AWESOME!
Some of the things that really stuck with me:
- Their walls are insulated with denim!
- Their waste isn’t dumped in the landfill, its used as an alternative to fossil fuel for energy.
- Every one gets together for ergonomic stretches before a shift.
- Everyone was really nice and had a positive attitude.
- The managers took the time to answer my questions and clarified what I didn’t understand.
Even if I’m not selected it was cool getting to tour an environmentally conscious lean facility and making new connections.